Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why cloth? And why blog about diapers?

I am currently on bed rest with my third child. I really have nothing better to do than to blog about diapers right now. Just in case you were wondering why I thought this might be a good idea. When I was pregnant with my first (7 years ago) I stumbled upon a community of crazy ladies who swore that cloth diapers were easy, not at all gross, and WAY more fun than throwing disposables in the trash.

I have to admit, it took me awhile to understand their obsession. The potential savings was what drew me in. I researched. I read. I nearly made my eyeballs bleed trying to figure out the "best" or the easiest diapers for a newborn. In the end, it made no difference. I ended up trying just about everything out there (no, I'm not kidding). No, I probably didn't save a dime over using disposables, but it was more fun!

When my second child came along weighing in at a whopping 5 pounds, I had NO idea how to diaper her. I had some wonderful friends who sent along some preemie cloth diapers. Thankfully, they fit her and we continued our cloth journey, again trying just about everything new that came on to the market.

Now with the anticipated arrival of daughter #2, I've started getting some diapers together for her. There are new diapers on the market. I sold off my other daughters older diapers and purchased new stuff for this one. It's been 4 years since I've had a newborn, I want to try out some new stuff!!

So that's where we're at. As I wait for this little one to make her debut (hopefully not for another 6-8 weeks), I'll start giving some reviews and posting pictures. I've got a LOT of diapers to try out with her, and a LOT of reviews to come!
Let me know if you have any specific diapers you want to see reviewed!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT first post! Sorry about the bed rest situation. I know how tough it can be (I was my moms personal 'slave' when she was pregnant with my brother almost 3 years ago). lol. I hope you have some good help!

    ReplyDelete