Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Traveling with hybrids- Gdiaper review

This past weekend we went "home" for 5 1/2 days. Each way in the car was 5 hours. I took nothing but Gdiapers and flushies. My family has a septic, so I didn't flush them, but the entire weekends worth was only enough to fill a small Target bag. (they don't have garbage collection either so I had to keep a bag available to throw away at the gas station on the way out of town).

I took 7 Gpants w/ snap in liners (loaded) and a full bag of flushies. We use disposables at night (she sleeps 7 hours at a time, I'm not messing with it thanks!). We returned with 7 flushies.

I aimed again, to change her every 2 hours. If we went more than 3, she felt slightly damp on the outside. Since it's hot, she wears dresses so it wasn't a clothing issue. We did use them in the car with no problems at all as long as I changed her every 2 hours (which I did since we had to do potty and nursing stops anyway). We had NO leaks at all.

Poo was a little more tricky than with the biosoakers, only because the flushies don't have the built in gussets, but the snap in liners held beautifully and we didn't end up with anything on the actual Gpants. I LOVE the gpants because the legs are super gentle (DD has little pudgy legs). We get very little by way of red marks with these (she has super sensitive skin, so this is wonderful!)

We did get poop on the snap in liners every time she pooped (which again, is only once a day so it's not a huge deal here). SO be aware if you are traveling and you have a breastfed baby that poops a lot...buy a few extra snap in liners. You don't really need more of the GPANTS- just liners. I rinsed them out in the sink then washed them by hand in the shower in the morning using baby shampoo. Easy and worked just fine. They dried SUPER fast.

These were great! Easy to travel with and worked well for us in the car and in the heat. The cotton outer allowed her buns to breathe and she didn't end up with heat rash. We'll use these again for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment