Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 1-Flats challenge

DD usually wears a disposable at night. I tried for years with my other 2 to find an adequate solution that didn't smell like a barnyard or a hamster cage in the morning and decided that for this little one, I wasn't going to bother. I have not regretted it at all.

She woke up with a green runny nose this morning, thanks to her older brother, so that makes this even more challenging. Sick baby=extra nursing= wetter diapers.

Well, we changed her out of the last disposable of the week and into our first combo. A pad folded swaddlebees flat inside a FLIP cover. Trim, and the absorbency was where she needed it. She tends to wet a TON in the mornings.













Our second was a pad folded swaddlebees flat in a weehugger cover. This was a fail and I'm not sure why. We've used it before. The only thing I can think of was the onesie she was wearing wicked moisture out her leg because when she woke up from her nap she was SOAKED. Here she is, mid sneeze :( Poor bug.













So we're down 1 cover and needed a change of clothes.

Flat #3 is a "burp cloth" from Ikea, kite folded and the legs are jelly rolled. Trim but not super absorbent. I'll probably have to change her again in about 20 minutes. No cover. I'm letting her air out.












The stash and covers:

3 comments:

  1. OKAY im dieing to know WHERE you got the 2 after the blue and red striped ones? Are they Ikea ones too? I know the blue dots and the other elephant print are swaddlebees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower, keeping up with the Flats Challenge! Please follow back if you have a chance! :)

    -Jessica
    And Then There Were 4...
    http://giveawaysandlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3AM mama, they are ikea, some of my favorites. I'm hoping to get a couple more packages when I visit Arizona again next month.

    ReplyDelete