Thursday, May 26, 2011

Flats challenge Day 4...

Yesterday, baby girl went through 14+3 gerbers as doublers and 2 fleece topped microfiber doublers. I missed a poo, and that was a bummer. It took some scrubbing to get it off the fleece, but it's clean now. I made the mistake of waiting until this morning to wash. 17+3 doublers and several wipes was just too much for the wonder wash. It was full to the brim. Because of this, I ended up dumping them all out after 2, 2 minute washes and stepping on them in the bathtub to make sure all the detergent was out. Today's wash/wring/hang took 45 minutes, as opposed to about 25 for a smaller load. Needless to say, I may be washing more often if it looks like that might happen again.

First day of summer "vacation" starts today. My kids were up at 7 AM and I was done with the wash before 8. It's supposed to be windy today, so I may have to bring the rack inside, but hopefully by then the diapers will be done dripping.

It took us 3 days to get through our flats "stash" with the addition of the 8 flannel receiving blankets I purchased yesterday. I'll admit, I got bored. Gerber blankets are 5/$10 here so I bought a pack of them and a 3 pack of some other cute ones at Target.

No pictures today, because really...how many pictures of flat diapers do you REALLY want to see? *yawn*

No comments:

Post a Comment